Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

About combos...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
UnleashChaos
Administrator
UnleashChaos

About combos... Empty
PostSubject: About combos...   About combos... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:02 pm

Fireball + Lightning = Burst (i named it -.-). Does an AOE damage that doesnt do all the damage fire and lightning would do separately, but can hit more people and useful if someone is hiding behind a pillar . (Affect shielded people too). How to: Send a fireball then send lightning ON the fireball (need timing for better effect). How to prevent: teleport away (or thrust) or counter one of the two spells if you cant counter both.

Fire then lightning = GREAT KNOCKBACK, needs timing.

Boomerang + Swap = Useful if an opponent is low on HP and he maintains a good distance between you, otherwise, this is a waste of R spell (IMO). How to: Send boomerang (can be on your target) and then swap the target as the boomerang returns to you. Great knockback, but use wisely. How to prevent: shield is the best way, time shift is great too.

Homing + Teleport (works with any other R spell but teleport is easier)= Does an AOE damage as you STEP ON the homing missile (you can try doing it by running on it simply but good luck if you don't have wind walk or a good rush), useful when your opponent is on the edge of the map. BE SURE HE ALREADY USED HIS R SPELL OR YOU'RE IN DANGER, also useful when there are many people massed at an emplacement (like those who try to ks and they group on the edge of the map to shoot on the poor warlock in the lava), you can also do it when you're in the lava (requires a certain health), just send out your homing and teleport on it when the missile is BEHIND your target and prescourge or he will telescourge you out. How to: send homing missile and teleport on the missile at the emplacement you want. How to prevent: Hmm, you see a little blue ball flying around you? Shoot it or shield it. This is also great to shield the homing and return the favor on your opponent. But the AOE goes through shield.

Telescourge (teleport+ scourge): The name says it, you teleport near someone and you scourge. (Better use it when the opponent already used his R spell or near a pillar or if he used his scourge in the last 2-3 seconds). The best against shield users. How to prevent: Teleport away or thrust your opponent as he lands near you (or same thing with wind walk untoggled) or if you have good reflexes, shoot a spell on him as fast as you can.

Thrust + Scourge: Good as teleport because if you time it well you can deal the thrust damage + the scourge damage but it requires practice. What is better than telescourge is that you can prescourge with it, what is worse is that pillars can block you, shields can too and others players can. How to prevent: Teleshield it, or simply shield or teleport away. ( you can also swap the incomer but be cautious)

Thrust + Timeshift: Great combo if you're good at "hiding" your timeshift and if you want to escape lava. How to: You do thrust on a location and you do timeshift meanwhile. It should make you thrust twice almost in a row! Great no ? How to prevent: Huh I'd not use that as a offensive combo myself but you only have to perceive the timeshift of the other and the location where he ends his thrust (cause it will be the same location) and you keep your spells for his second thrust.

Swap + Scourge : It is the fastest of all but also quite easy to anticipate it because your opponent (or you) as to stand still to prescourge it. It is also great because you can swap pillars and scourge the one that is hiding behind. (You cant really prevent it with spells like fireballs, lightnings, thrusts, etc) the better way to prevent it is to either shield where you think your opponent will swap (be cautious) or the best way: teleport away and shoot him in the back, timeshift is good too.

Swap+ Meteor: Good to trap a foe with this hard-to-land spell (toggled or not). How to prevent: Shield, Lightning if the meteor is toggled, teleport.

Teleshield= Good to return back your opponents spells (use it when he's low HP and on the edge). The best way to use that is to shield and then teleport on your foe that is THRUSTING his way back from lava. Requires skills. Ask Muffinz for further explications on that last way to use it. How to prevent: Dont use thrust against someone that uses that = Muffinz.

Fireball + Fire CLUSTER = Great chain of spells that requires a good after-effect aim, but good to repel your opponents and/or to block spells. How to prevent: Fire spray, fire cluster, shield. (Dont waste R spell on that except if it sends you in lava)

Drain + any offensive spells =Easy to dodge drain, but not easy to dodge when drained so just dodge drain and you're gonna be ok. (especially good with swap, meteor, bouncer, and Y spells)

Bouncer + Link = Nice if you spin and do it , can only be done in 1v1s. How to prevent: hmm shield definately, or you can try to shoot the bouncer.

Meteor (toggled) + Link = Badass damage, and you can prolongate that nice but hard to do combo with other spells then teleport away (if needed when link is still on) and scourge your opponent to end that combo. If does well, you can easily halve your opponent full HP (100 to 50). How to: Aim good and link your target, then when the target is linked send your meteor magma in his direction, afterwards, send any other spells you have (except if your opponent shielded your combo). Try to do this so your target goes in lava for better effect.

Meteor (toggled) + Magical Binding = PANCAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
=D, does multiple effects on the target, like half damage, stun, etc. On the other hand, magical binding is hard to land, and the combo can be countered quite easily, and magical binding compared to the other Y spells is, IMO, not the best. But, pancake is great. How to prevent, shield, timeshift, teleport, lightning on the meteor, meteor magma on the other meteor, gravity.

Thrust + Wind Walk= Deal the total damage of both of these into one shot (with greater knockback), but waste your 2 escape possibilities, swap or teleport or shield to prevent.

Teleport + wind walk = Good on the edge or when your opponent shields up, but waste your escape possibilities, cant be prevented by intentionnal means.

Splitter (toggled by preference or not) + gravity + fire spray: Great amount of damage and unbalance the foe(s) for other spells. With different timings, it does more or less knockback.

Link + Timeshift + Teleport or thrust : Get the foe into lava, but is the gayest combo in the game, How to counter: Shield, rush, timeshift or R spell away. I dont recommand using it against a good swapper.

Gravity + Meteor magma: Does nice damage and explode at the end, average knockback but is cool. How to prevent: teleport away, timeshift.

Gravity + Magical Binding: Aoe immobilize nice huh ? But i think you can only do it while in team (or shuffle) games, like your teammate send gravity and you send magical binding IN the gravity. How to prevent ? R spell away when you see the red thing coming.

Force Field + Meteor: Force field will first maintains your target(s) at the place you want your meteor to land. Moreover, force field is doing more damage than gravity and Meteor (untoggled) is the spell that does the most damage in the game. But i would suggest this combo if you have life drain masteries or Mask of Death (item). How to: It's better to send Meteor first then send your force field at the place your targeted your meteor. How to prevent: Err if the force field was sent so you're in the middle of it, you can only R spell away. If you're more on the edge, you can try to escape without R spell. If you have Wind walk it could work also.

If there are more, I dont know them or I will add them later.

Last edited by UnleashChaos on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:43 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Immortal
The Master
Immortal

About combos... Empty
PostSubject: Re: About combos...   About combos... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:40 pm

Quote :
Hmm, you see a little blue ball flying around you? Shoot it or shield it. This is also great to shield the homing and return the favor on your opponent.

Useless. Homing doesn't have enough duration to make you use a blockshoot. Better dodge it, it waste less your spells.
Back to top Go down
UnleashChaos
Administrator
UnleashChaos

About combos... Empty
PostSubject: Re: About combos...   About combos... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:42 pm

True for the first levels of it. after like homing level 3 it begins to be good to do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

About combos... Empty
PostSubject: Re: About combos...   About combos... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

About combos...
Page 1 of 1